Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week 8 Pick-Up

Today was the season's first market day. That means we were able to order a one time delivery of a large selection of foods from farms around the area that we don't normally get. We chose chicken legs, chicken parts and two large containers of yogurt. Unfortunately a machine broke at the dairy farm, so we didn't get the yogurt today, but the chicken was incredible! More on that later, he's what we got this week...


Veggies:

cucumbers 1.75 lbs
tomatoes 1.9 lbs
squash 1.5 lbs
greens 1 lb
beets .75 lbs
perslane .4 lbs
eggplant 1.75 lbs
peepers 1.25 lbs
melons 1 each
basil .2 lbs

Fruit:

3lbs Apricots (these are the last of the apricots)
1 pint blueberries

These blueberries are insane. I don't know if I'll actually be able to cook anything with them because I just keep eating handfuls as I walk through the kitchen. I have my eye on these baby eggplants, I'm thinking something with a curry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment