Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 6 Pick-Up


Veggies:

squash 2.75lbs
cukes 2lbs
peppers 0.8lb
eggplant 0.8lb
basil 0.5lb
1 lettuce
greens 1lb
purslane 0.33lb
beans 0.6lbs
pole beans 0.75lb
parsley 0.15lb

Fruit:

Plums and Cherries

That is A LOT of plums that we got...5lbs! Here is one tip, if you plan on cooking plums and don't want to add extra sugar, do NOT leave the skins on. Not like I did that....not like the plum crumble I made was pretty much inedible because it was so tart...no....that didn't happen. Of course the frozen yogurt that I made to go with the plum crumble that I may or may not have made was great. I made the recipe up from things I've pieced together and personal taste tests of various frozen yogurts around the city. Here's what I came up with:

Sarah's Frozen Yogurt (Ice Cream Maker is required)
1 cup fat free plain greek yogurt (I like Fage)
1/2 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar
zest and juice of 1 lemon

Whisk it all together until the sugar has completely dissolved. If the mixture is still cold you can put it directly into the ice cream maker, if not put it in the fridge to chill out. Follow your machine's instructions, then either scoop it out right away for some soft serve, or put it in the freezer to harden up.

No, this doesn't have any farm share ingredients. Sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment